Ideas For Your Personal Blog
- Entertaining or endearing stories from your childhood.
- Random daily-event, sarcastically, artfully or otherwise entertainingly told.
- A D.I.Y. (Do-It-Yourself) project idea or tutorial.
- Share your knowledge about something you know – even a tip for making better mac-and-cheese.
- Fun things to do in your geographic area.
- The Best or worst of anything you’ve experienced.
For Your Business
- The history behind your company (all the interesting bits too, if possible).
- News and or updates.
- Events – remember, make it timeless!
- New Products.
- Tips on how to do what you do.
- Warnings on how NOT to do what you do (or how to do it poorly.)
- New projects and what you’ve struggled/ found success with.
- Staff Bios: Introduce your employees!
- Talk about your services.
- Some neat things your partners or competitors are doing. (Nobody likes a blogger that only takes about themselves!)
- Industry-relevant news.
- Your take on industry events. Don’t just re-post articles – what’s your spin on it?
- Interviews with prominent people in your industry.
- Revisit old articles – what has changed since last you wrote?
- Responses to client questions.
- Promoting your friends and clients.
There you have it – a quick list of ideas for your blog. I hope this helps you get the juices flowing when you’re feeling stumped. Something I often do is, when inspiration does hit, I will create as many draft posts as needed to get everything down on ‘paper.’ (Albeit digital paper.) Revisiting them later to flesh them out – I’ll try to keep a backlog of ideas and posts to revisit and refine when the writing well has run dry.
Jamie Schumacher is Bicycle Theory’s Internet Marketing & Nonprofit Strategist. She’s also our resident blogging expert! To find out more about creating or improving your blog, contact Bicycle Theory!